This Watermelon Lime Frosty is the perfect cool treat on those hot summer days! They also are the perfect way to use up those leftovers that I seem to have at the end of every bowl full of watermelon. I hate to throw out food, but they are too soggy to want to eat either, right? With almost all of my overripe or leftover fruit, I usually always freeze them for smoothies, so naturally one day I thought to freeze them and the next thing I knew, the Watermelon Frosty was born! Hooray! A new frozen treat for my kids that isn’t full of high fructose corn syrup. Most of the popsicles our kids eat are full of HFCS high fructose corn syrup) or too much sugar. I love making popsicles out of leftover smoothies or fresh sorbet from frozen fruit. It’s a great way to cool down with out getting hyped on sugar! ha ha
The Watermelon Frosties are very simple to make. You simply pour the leftover watermelon & juice into a Freezer Ziplock bag and set them on a cookie sheet to freeze flat. Once they’re frozen, you simply put them in the blender, add fresh squeezed lime & blend until you have a delicious frozen summer treat that is low in sugar and high in satisfaction & nutrition! If you don’t have a citrus squeezer, you must get one! They maximize all the juice you can get from the lime or lemon and they are super simple to clean & store. Check this one out and see what you think!
Watermelon Lime Frosties
This refreshing summer treat is as cool as it is good for you!! Just make sure to freeze all your watermelon leftovers so you can make the frosty’s anytime you want!!
- Watermelon, chunks & juice
- Stevia or Agave, optional
- When you have watermelon leftovers, or just too much to eat before they go bad, place chunks and juice in a Ziplock bag.
- Zip bag shut & place on a cookie sheet or somewhere flat in your freezer.
- Once frozen, pull out of freezer and hit the bag on the counter to break up the chunks a little bit. You can let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to thaw if needed.
- Place in high powered blender & add a squeeze of fresh lime. Add lime to your liking.
- If you want it sweeter, you add a couple drops of Stevia or a squirt of Stevia.
You will want to enjoy the frosty’s right away before they melt.
They work best in a blender where you have a tamper to push the chunks down to the blade.
Adding a frozen banana is another fun variation to try!
If you want another healthy frozen treat, try our Strawberry Paradise (Frozen Strawberry Lemonade) www.foodiegonehealthy.com/strawberry-paradise