If you haven’t ever tried a Wafflet, you must try it! It’s basically a omelet made in a waffle iron so it takes on the waffle shape. It’s very easy, convenient & fast for those school mornings or before you’re rushing off to work and would like to get in some good protein!
It’s a really fun way to make omelets exciting and to get your kids involved in the process. Everyone likes to make their own and if your kids are too keen on omelets, they might just be when they get to assemble and cook their own!
To begin, chop up any ingredients you or your family would like in a wafflet (omelet) and set them all out in little bowls.
Then get out a fork and a small bowl. Crack 2-3 eggs into the bowl & whisk. (2 is what we usually do, but if you’re using a large Belgium Waffle Maker like we do, then you can use three if you want) I actually have a Cuisinart Double Belgium Waffle Maker because I have a big family, so if you like things to go fast or you have a big family, click on the link and check them out. It is so awesome!!!
Then add whatever toppings you would like to your egg mixture & stir them around with your fork.
Spray your hot waffle iron with a good high heat oil like Avocado oil.
Then pour the egg mixture into the waffle iron to make the wafflet.
Close the lid & turn over. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes depending on how much egg and mixture you have in there. Usually the beep and the green light that comes on when the waffle is supposed to be ready is pretty right on! So just test out your iron and see how fast it cooks.
Then top with salsa, ketchup, or any toppings you desire on your omelet & enjoy!!
My kids like to put ketchup on it, fold it in half & run out the door to school!
Another fast and easy breakfast for kids before school or husbands on their way out the door to work, is our Almost All Wheat Pancake & Waffle Mix. Check it out because it’s also another way to use that awesome Double Belgium Waffle Maker too!!Print
Wafflets (Omelet + Waffle = Omelets in a Waffle Form)
These Wafflets are an omelet made in a waffle iron! They are a fun, fast, easy way to enjoy a good protein packed breakfast on the go!
- 2-3 Eggs
- Any toppings you desire (ham, cheese, peppers, onions, green onions, bacon, s & P, etc..)
- Avocado oil or other good high heat oil
- Turn on waffle maker
- Chop desired toppings
- Crack 2-3 eggs into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add desired toppings (up to about 1/4- 1/2 cup worth) and combine with eggs.
- Spray waffle iron with avocado oil on both sides. Don’t forget this step or your eggs will stick! That makes for a messy clean-up!
- Pour onto hot waffle iron. If you’re using a Belgium waffle maker, flip it over. Let it cook until the light comes on or for about 3-5 minutes (depending on how many eggs you used and how hot your waffle iron is.) I love my Cuisinart Double Belgium Waffle Maker because I can make two at a time and with my big family, it’s worth every penny!
- Top with desired toppings & enjoy!
- If you’re in a hurry, just put on the toppings, fold it in half, put it on a paper towl or aluminum foil sheet and run out the door with breakfast in hand!! Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to use the oil on the iron or it will stick and make a mess to clean up!!