This is a yummy unexpected side dish for a party or a lunch. Just soak your wheat overnight. Drain in the morning & let sit on your counter in a jar with a sprouting lid. Rinse it twice daily & let it sit tilted on it’s side or upside down so the water can drain out. After a day or two, your wheat is ready for the salad. It is now a live food that is super duper nutritious 🙂 Sprouting has so many health benefits. (see below)
- 2 c. sprouted wheat (you could also use Spelt or Kamut)
- 2-3 apples, cored & diced
- 3/4 c. Craisins
- 1 c. celery, diced
- ½ c. sliced or chopped raw almonds
- Sweet Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe below-You onlyneed about ½ the recipe)
Sweet Apple Cider Dressing:
- 1 large shallot
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. agave
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 c. canola oil (preferably expeller pressed Canola Oil)
Put all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a blender and blend for at least 30 seconds. This dressing will stay good in your refrigerator for at least a couple weeks.
- Enzymes are activated.
- Proteins convert to free amino acids.
- Starches change to simple sugars.
- Minerals combine to increase assimilation. (Easier to digest)
- Vitamin content increases from 3 to 12 or more times.