If you bring this to your next party, I promise there won’t be any left!! The sweet mango combined with the savory beans & grains is a winning combination!
Red Quinoa, Black Bean, & Mango Salad/Dip
- 1 c. red or white quinoa, dry (cooked according to directions)
- 2-3 avocados
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper (or 4 baby ones), finely chopped
- 1 can corn, rinsed or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped (I prefer grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 2-3 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- S & P, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions & chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours. You can cook it in advance up to a day or two before.
- Chop all ingredients and toss together in a bowl.
- Drizzle with vinegar, lime juice & oil. Make sure your oil is extra virgin and if possible, get a good vinegar from the health food store that is “raw.” Then you will reap the good health benefits from your vinegar & oil.
- Season with salt & pepper, if needed.
You can use this as a dip, in a wrap, or on a salad!! Enjoy!!
Here’s a tip for cutting your avocado’s into perfect little chunks:
Score them both ways, then scoop out with a spoon.
Look at all of the beautiful colors in this salad!! This is health food at it’s finest!! Gorgeous 🙂
Enjoy as a dip,
in a wrap,
or on a salad!!