My good friend just sent me this recipe and my whole family loved them! It puts a fun new twist on the regular old enchilada with the hint of honey! They are sweet, yet bold and spicy with the chili powder in them. This is definitely a family pleaser. Especially when you use the Costco rotisserie chicken inside! I just recently discovered that you can buy it already off the chicken if you ask them behind the counter. Sometimes it’s in the deli case as well. Great find!!
Honey Lime Enchiladas
- 1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/4 c lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (appx. 1 cup)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (appx. 1 cup)
- Whole grain tortillas, about 8
- Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together honey, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, and green enchilada sauce.
- Mix together 1/2 the sauce, cooked brown rice, and shredded meat together.
- Fill tortillas with shredded meat mix and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
- If desired, sprinkle with chopped jalapeno’s.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of oven. Let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy, if desired.