This healthy frozen strawberry lemonade is the perfect way to cool down in the summer heat! When my kids are begging for popsicles all summer, I love to make them a quick blended treat to satisfy the popsicle cravings! Then I don’t have to worry about all of the HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) that is present in most popsicles!
Don’t freak out when you see lemon flavored fish oil in the recipe! Barlean’s make a naturally sweetened fish oil supplement that is absolutely delicious! My kids actually eat it straight from the bottle! It’s a great Omega 3 supplement. You can pick it up at the health food store, or you can buy it on Amazon through this link http://amzn.to/2gGAoHh
(We featured this video on Studio 5. To watch segment, click here)
Healthy Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
This is the perfect healthy summer treat to satisfy the popsicle cravings!!
- 2 c. water
- ½ lemon or lime, peel on (only if using high powered blender. Remove peel if not)
- 20 drops liquid Stevia, regular or lemon flavored
- 2 T. lemon or lime flavored fish oil swirls (Barlean’s brand), optional
- 2 c. of frozen strawberries (approximately-use more if a thicker slush is desired)
- 2-4 T. of sugar (if needed)
- Blend the first 4 ingredients for about 30 seconds or until the lemon/lime peel is totally pulverized. If you don’t have a high powered blender, then remove the peel. This should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the frozen strawberries and blend until there are no more chunks. If needed, add 2-4 T. of sugar to sweeten. If a thicker consistency is desired, then add more frozen strawberries! Then enjoy this delicious, healthy frozen strawberry lemonade!
Another favorite way to use strawberries when they are in season is to make our “Low-Sugar Strawberry Freezer Jam.” Check out the recipe here!!