These Grilled Chicken Tacos are, hands down, one of my all-time favorite dinners! They are the perfect combination of seasonings and flavors that make your mouth water as they are grilling. The star player of these Grilled Chicken Tacos though is the ever quiet tortilla. It packs a punch when dipped in some of the reserved marinade from the chicken and then quickly grilled to lock in a pop of flavor like you wouldn’t believe!! It makes this recipe very unique and fun for all of those summer BBQ’s!
I got the recipe from one of my best friend Hillary’s late husband Brett Stern. He was a great chef and I was so lucky to get his recipe! Every time I make this meal, I know I am not only going to enjoy every tasty bite of these delicious Chicken Tacos, but I know I am going to have some great memories of my dear friend that I can enjoy as well. My friends and family enjoy these tacos as well, and make them ALL the time for their family and friends! So simple and easy to though together, yet your family and friends will think you spent hours on them. They are truly The Best Grilled Chicken Tacos recipe for tacos that I have ever had. This is a must try recipe for any get together or just for a fun family meal. Trust me….you won’t regret it!
The Best Grilled Chicken Tacos
So simple and easy to though together, yet your family and friends will think you spent hours on them. They are truly The Best Grilled Chicken Tacos recipe for tacos that I have ever had. This is a must try recipe for any get together or just for a fun family meal. Trust me….you won’t regret it!
- Prep Time: 60 (includes marinading time)
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 33 minute
- Yield: 8/10 Servings
- Category: Dinner
- ½ c. fresh lime juice
- ½ c. white vinegar
- ½ c. avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. sesame seeds
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- Whole Grain Tortillas
- For toppings: guacamole, salsa or pico, grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, romaine lettuce, and fresh lime
- To make marinade, mix first 11 ingredients in bowl. Reserve ½ to 1 c. of the marinade in a separate container to use for dipping and grilling tortillas right before serving. Marinate chicken in a covered bowl (or in a bag) for at least 3-6 hours. You can even make extra bags of the marinade and keep them in the freezer until ready to use. If you don’t have to marinate, it’s ok. Just make sure that you keep a good amount of the marinade for your tortillas for grilling. You will get the extra flavor from those!
- When ready, grill chicken tenderloins & remove from grill when done or they have reached 170 degrees. This should only take 3-4 minutes per side. Cover chicken on a plate with a foil tent and set aside. Then pour reserve marinade into a pie plate. Dip tortillas in marinade and grill on both sides over medium heat for a minute or two on each side until grill marks show on the tortilla and the marinade starts to dry up. Don’t overcook because they will burn and turn very hard. It’s better to underdo it than overdo it.
- After chicken has rested, cut into strips & put in a bowl for serving. Serve tacos with chicken inside the tortillas and all the desired toppings you would like! I love to top them with fresh guacamole, pico or salsa, sour cream or Greek yogurt, cilantro, lettuce, fresh lime, and cheese!!
*Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade for the tortillas and when cooking the tortillas turn the grill down to low.
*Plain Greek yogurt makes an easy and healthy swap for sour cream and no one will know the wiser!