This has to be my new favorite Fall bread! I am not a huge cranberry fan, but the tartness of the cranberry and the hint of orange from the orange zest makes this combination fantastic! You must try it today!! Just trust me on this one 🙂
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 orange, zest (you can squeeze some of the juice in as well if you would like. I used 1/2)
- 2/3 c. coconut oil, melted (or butter, but I always use coconut oil)
- 2 c. whole wheat flour (or 1 1/2 c. wheat flour + 1/2 c. almond meal flour)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In mixer, beat eggs & sugar until fluffy (6-7 minutes).
- Add the mashed banana & orange zest. Mix in.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, soda & powder).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mix, alternating with the coconut oil until they are all well combined.
- Mix for another minute or two. Then fold in the cranberries & walnuts.
- Pour into pans sprayed with oil or lined with parchment paper. (I baked mine in mini loaf pans (4), but you can bake them in a 9 X 13 as well.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (if using 4 mini loaf pans) or for 40-45 minutes if using a 9X13 pan. Bake until golden brown on top & the middle is cooked through.
- When finished, pull them from the oven & let rest for a couple minutes. Then remove the mini loaves from the pan & place them on a cooling rack. Cut & serve warm (preferably). Bon Appetit!