This is the perfect crunchy snack for the afternoon or the perfect topping on your breakfast yogurt & berries. You cannot go wrong with this recipe. I love it so much! If you’re like me, I don’t like to eat yogurt very much unless it has granola on it. There’s something about the texture of yogurt that gets me, so I always have to have something crunchy with it. My good friend Amber, from my gourmet club in California, sent me this wonderful recipe and I just modified it a little to be a little healthier. It’s absolutely divine! Thanks Amber!Print
Cinnamon Coconut Granola
This is the perfect crunchy snack for the afternoon or the perfect topping on your breakfast yogurt & berries. You cannot go wrong with this recipe.
- 1/2 c. Coconut oil
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1/3 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 c. Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 c. Rolled oats
- 1 cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1/2 cup Sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. flax seeds or flax meal
- 1/2 c. wheat germ (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put first four ingredients in pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When all the ingredients are melted together, remove from heat and add the vanilla, almond, & cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Pour hot mixture over dry mix in bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture onto a baking pan with parchment paper on it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. You may have to use a spatula to mix it around if it’s getting too brown on top.
- Allow the granola to cool for 1 hour in the pan.
- Break into desired pieces if clumped together, then place in an air tight container. Keep in fridge for longer freshness.
This is one of my favorite yogurts for the kids. It’s the honey flavored Greek Gods Greek yogurt. (see the little honey symbol on the bottom left corner?) It’s not the healthiest option because it has a lot of sugar in it, but they only eat about 1/4 to 1/2 c. at a time. A healthier option that I enjoy is the plain Greek yogurt drizzled with a little honey over the top. That way you can control the sugar content. And always make sure to buy the full fat version. We need the fats to keep us fuller longer and to help with the absorption of the vitamins. I usually top with fresh fruit as well. Delicious 🙂